An elegantly re-designed bathroom shouldn’t lose its impressive shine over time. This guide can help you to create a space that’s equally classic and endearing so you can be sure to get the most out of your remodel for years ahead.
Where to Begin Before You Begin.
Having some basic know-how of the design is important as you begin your remodeling journey and establish a lucid design plan to build off. Using this style cheat sheet is going to help you answer the subsequent questions:
How is interior designing different from interior decoration?
- Can a design be contemporary yet modern?
- Are traditional design ideas too old fashioned?
- The more you know, the easier it becomes to make design choices that keep your personal panache front.
Why is it important to Design Around Timelessness?
No matter which way you go to design your space, it’s trendy as long as you keep timelessness as your Northernmost Star. From vintage art glass accessories to flourishing ceiling medallions and every little piece in between, no detail is too small if it brings forth the fulfillment of creating a bathroom that becomes an icon in your home.
Incorporate Classic Pieces.
Using neutral colour fixtures and faucets like those from the KOHLER Memoirs Collection are sure to blend with various styles, down the road. Once the nucleus of your bathroom is timeless, you’re free to experiment with highlighters like bold wallpaper that can be redone more frequently and more easily.
Design that’s Fresh.
Your timeless bathroom needs to be operational, but that doesn’t mean it's boring. Scour older publications, tour homes that were built before the turn of the century, or research for different architectural time periods online and you’ll find that older design doesn’t have to feel outmoded. Use those pieces of history as inspiration, or employ newer collections like KOHLER Memoirs that pay homage to the past while staying fresh and recent.
Living in a Material World.
Another way to keep your bathroom design timeless is to pay attention to all the materials used for cabinetry, walls, floors, etc. Choose the ones found in the early part of the 20th century: stone, brick, tile, and wood. Avoid those materials that ordinarily don't age well, like loosely-manufactured synthetics or quick-fix products with short-life expectancy.
Timeless Is Trendy forever.
Since you now have discovered how to combine neutral fixtures and playful accents, you’re ready to design your space. The KOHLER Memoirs Collection is a great place to start if you’re looking for a modern spin on the classic bathroom. The rich taste of each piece is all visible in stylized lines, sweeping curves and ornate details intentionally built to reflect historically renowned furniture and architectural designs.
Quick Tips to BE Timeless.
As you now know, there is no one-size-fits-all rulebook for designing a timeless design that won’t need to adhere to any strict sense of decorum. However, to guarantee your bathroom is in for the long haul, here are certain popular must try things you can do:
- Add a one-piece entirely skirted or conceal trap way toilet for a neat look.
- Include a freestanding bath to make an everlasting “sculptural” statement.
- Stride lightly with tiled countertops which tend to age more quickly than stone or other solid surfaces.
- A light neutral color scheme full of natural sunlight will keep your bathroom relevant all ages. Play off of the art of your space to create a melodious environment.
- Stay true to your personality in every little detail and you can never go wrong.
- Incorporate veneers, such as nickel or marble that have always proven themselves relevant throughout the historic eras.
- Stay true to your own nature in every small detail and you can’t be imprecise.